Psychology A Level
Exam Board: AQA
Assessment: 100% examination (2 exams at AS Level and 3 exams at A Level)
Paper 1: Social Influence, Memory, Attachment
Paper 2: Research methods, Psychopathology, Approaches
Paper 1: Social Influence, Memory, Attachment, Psychopathology
Paper 2: Research methods, Approaches, Biopsychology
Paper 3: Relationships, Forensics, Eating Behaviour, Issues and Debates
Why Study Psychology?
- Interesting and unique topics like Forensic Psychology and Abnormality
- The chance to learn new things about yourself and carry out experiments!
- Excellent University or career pathways
- Encourages empathy and people skills
- Develop higher level thinking and excellent observational skills.
Why choose The Deanery?
- 100% A Level Pass Rate – above the national average.
- Specialist Psychology teacher who is also an experienced A Level Psychology examiner.
- Designated Psychology classroom.
- Small class sizes allows the subject to be more practical – we like to encourage as many experiments as possible!
- Lots of extracurricular trips e.g. Krakow – 3 days in Poland and a visit to Auschwitz concentration camp, Grasmere Residential – focusing on exam skills, Preston Crown Court, University visits.
Our Students Say
“Brilliant – I never knew my brain was so interesting!” – Josh L6
“Love doing experiments and being able to apply Psychology to my own life” – Anna U6
What could this subject lead to?
- Higher Education
- Any career working with people
- Careers in Psychology, Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Teaching, Police, Sport, Science, Research, Business, Counselling, and many more!