Design Engineering Systems A Level
Exam Board: OCR
Assessment: 50% written exam, 50% assessment
Design Engineering is focused towards engineered and electronic products and systems; the analysis of these in respect of function, operation, components and materials, in order to understand their application and uses in engineered products/systems that have commercial viability.
Year 1 & 2 – Practical/coursework
Year 2 – Written exam
Why Study Design Engineering Systems?
- A shortage subject so you will be in demand from employers, colleges and universities
- A versatile course that leads the way to a number of exciting career paths
- Valued by top universities and employers
- Hands on course giving you skills that you can use in everyday life
- Improves your independent learning skills
Why choose The Deanery?
- Dedicated staff who have worked in the Engineering sector and can advise you on career paths
- We have won awards for the delivery of these subjects
- Staff who have Engineering degrees themselves
- Open door policy so you have time to complete coursework in your spare time
- DT Systems goes well with other subjects, we offer in our sixth form including Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry,
- Good progression from our GCSE courses
- A practical subject where your project work is 50% of the marks.
- Good facilities
- One of the few centres in this area to offer this subject
- Good links with local industries such as MBDA and Sellafield
- Help with gaining work experience which will aid you on your career paths.
- Good enhancement opportunities – Euro Disney trip
What could this subject lead to?
Where will success take me? You could take any number of exciting career paths. Many students go on to higher education and then work in manufacturing or engineering. But this course also provides the solid knowledge you need for working in high tech industries including cybernetics, robotics, avionics and automated packaging.