BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Exam Board: Edexcel/Pearson
Assessment: 100% Coursework
Unit 1 Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
Unit 6 Electrical and Electronic Principles
Unit 31 Computer Aided Manufacturing
Unit 16 Engineering Drawing for Technicians Unit 35 Principles and applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
Unit 7 Business Operations in Engineering
Unit 35 – Principles and applications of Electronic devices and circuits
Why Study Engineering?
- Recognised by employers – many top engineering firms ask for this course as an entry requirement.
- A good introduction to most engineering disciplines
- A versatile course that leads the way to a number of exciting career paths
- A fun, exciting course to study
- A vocational subject that’s fits in well with other STEM subjects
Why choose The Deanery?
- Dedicated staff who have worked in the Engineering sector and can advise you on career paths and relate the theory to practice
- Staff who have Engineering degrees themselves, so are knowledgeable and competent in the delivery of this subject
- Open door policy so you have time to complete coursework in your spare time
- Engineering level 3 goes well with other subjects, we offer in our sixth form including DT Systems, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry,
- Good progression from our GCSE courses
- Good facilities
- One of the few centres in this area to offer this subject
- Good links with local industries such as MBDA and Sellafield
- Help with gaining work experience which will aid you on your career paths.
- Good enhancement opportunities – Euro Disney trip
What could this subject lead to?
Where will success take me? You could take any number of exciting career paths. Many students go on to higher education and then work in manufacturing or engineering. But this course also provides the solid knowledge you need for working in high tech industries including cybernetics, robotics, avionics and automated packaging.