BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate
Health and Social Care
Exam board: Edexcel/Pearson
Assessment: 50% coursework, 50% external exam
Unit 1 Human Lifespan Development
Unit 2 Working in Health and Social Care
Unit 5 Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
Unit 14 Physiological Disorders and their Care
Why Study Health and Social Care?
- It provides a route for learners wish to go into Higher Education
- Is a 1 A level equivalence in size vocational qualification
- It provides learners with the opportunity to develop research and analytical skills
- Provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding of the health and social care sector
Why choose The Deanery?
- We have subject specialist staff, including science staff to teach anatomy and physiology. We also have staff with real vocational work experience (Registered General Nurse, Registered Midwife) and experienced 6th form tutors
- We have visiting speakers from the NHS, practising nurses and staff from Wigan Clinical Commissioning Group to add the most up to date information and expertise in a rapidly changing health care system.
- Our students consistently attain high grades and we pride ourselves on our outstanding pass rates (100% pass rates at Level 3, A level equivalence).
- We have smaller classes so more teacher/student interaction and assistance.
- We pride ourselves on our caring ethos with friendly, approachable and knowledgeable staff.
What could this subject lead to?
Adult Nursing, Children’s Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work, Primary Teaching or any occupations related to health and/or social care.