Level 2 First Award in Principles of Applied Science
Why Study Applied Science?
- BTEC Firsts in Applied Science can help you take your first steps towards a career in a wide range of sectors such as process, industrial, medical, or forensic science. You’ll learn about scientific principles and how to put them into practice in the workplace.
- The opportunity to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Encourages an independent approach to learning based around real life situations in the workplace.
- Covers a range of theory work, practical work and coursework.
- Develop essential skills and attributes prized by employers, further education colleges and higher education institutions.
Why choose The Deanery?
BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Applied Science is an excellent qualification to gain if you wish to work within the science industry.
At The Deanery, we have a dedicated team of staff who are experienced, passionate about the subject and committed to your success. Our small class sizes ensure you get the support you need throughout the course.
We have excellent science laboratory equipment to aid your practical work in the Biology, Chemistry and Physics units.
What could this subject lead to?
This BTEC First Award is the equivalent to a GCSE and provides a solid foundation for studying Science at BTEC Level 3 or using the GCSE points to apply for other Level 3 courses in colleges. In the workplace, there a wide range of different careers which this qualification would be a great asset such as:
- Process, industrial, medical or forensic science
- Job within the NHS
- Lab technician
- Animal science
- Health care assistant