All meals at the Deanery are provided by MetroFresh. They have been developed by listening to and understanding what students expect from a modern school lunch service. Seven main brands have been developed that are representative of the lifestyle choices and aspirations of young people in the borough. These are:
- Metro World Flavours (including meat-free)
- Metro Traditional
- Metro Wrap
- Metro Fasta Pasta
- Metro Sub
- Metro Express
- Metro Delights
The menus meet all government food-based standards and are fully compliant with the nutritional based standards introduced in September 2009. Menus are available to download below.
In addition to the regular menus, special themed days are promoted throughout the year e.g:
- World Porridge Day
- Children In Need
- Christmas Celebrations
- Chinese New Year
- Valentines Day
- Mothers Day
- St Georges Day
- Fathers Day
- American Independence Day
Special Dietary Requirements
If you require a special diet for medical or cultural reasons, please take a copy of the diet from your dietician or medical practitioner to the school where this will be arranged. Our catering teams on site will be more than happy to discuss the details of an authorised diet with parents/carers.
Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
Free school meals can save your household up to £418 a year per child.
Pupil premium – Get £1300 for your child’s school to improve education.
Your child is eligible for free school meals if you or your partner receive one of the qualifying benefits.
When making your application you are also applying for the pupil premium for your child’s school.
What are the qualifying benefits?
You will be entitled to apply for free school meals and/or pupil premium for your child if you or your partner receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (see information on new eligibility criteria)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (providing you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Free School Meals Eligibility Check
If parents are unsure if their child is eligible, we need information about you and your child to allow us to check your child(ren)s entitlement of Free School Meals. Please complete the form below and return it to school. A signature for all parents detailed on the form is required in order for the check to be processed.
Apply for free school meals and pupil premium
When you apply you will get an instant decision on your claim. The council will contact the school to confirm your child’s eligibility.