BTEC Level 3
Performing Arts: Performance (Acting or Musical Theatre)
Exam Board: Edexcel
Assessment: 85% controlled assessment, 15% written log and exam
- Acting Styles
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance
- Group Performance Workshop
- Musical Theatre Techniques
- Developing the Voice for Actors
Why Study Performing Arts?
- It provides a route for learners who wish to go into Higher Education or Arts Schools
- Sense of team!
- Lots of extra-curricular with high standards
- Many students receive DISTINCTION
- Is a great choice to accompany other subjects and builds confidence.
Why choose The Deanery?
- Arts Theatre with lighting, sound and stage equipment. Professional environment.
- Separate Drama studio
- Music Department facilities with recording studio and practice suite.
- 100% pass rate!
- Smaller class sizes so teacher help is readily available.
- Performing Opportunities readily available.
- Lots of extra-curricular opportunities such as school productions, choirs, rock bands, stand-up comedy, drama performances.
- Student feedback is always positive.
- Students go on to study the subject at university and performing arts colleges (past students Mountview, GSA, LIPA, LMA).
- Highly qualified staff.
- Many students better their targets!!
What could this subject lead to?
University Courses: Btec Performing Arts is excellent preparation for a degree in any arts subject, education, contemporary theatre, musical theatre, drama, theatre in education, backstage courses, performing arts industry such as marketing, journalism, advertising, PA work etc.
Past students have gone on to study at: Central School of Speech and Drama, Arts Educational, ALRA, Cheetham’s, RNCM, LIPA, GSA and Mountview.
Careers in: education, teaching, theatre, law, advertising, marketing are also possible. However, many skills gained in the Btec are transferrable to other careers such as arts management, business, public services, law, journalism, media and entertainment retail.