BTEC Extended Diploma
Children’s Play, Learning and Development
Exam Board: Edexcel
Assessment: 33% external assessment
• Children’s Development
• Development of Children’s Communication, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
• Play and Learning
• Enquiries into Current Research in Early Years Practice
• Keeping Children Safe
• Children’s Physical Development, Care and Health Needs
• Children’s Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Working with Parents and Others in Early Years
• Observation, Assessment and Planning
• Reflective Practice
• The Early Years Foundation Stage
Plus 6 Optional Units
Why Study CPLD?
- It provides a route for learners wish to go into Higher Education
- It also gives you a professional qualification, Qualified Practitioner Status
- Is a 3 A level equivalent in size vocational qualification
- It is worth up to 420 UCAS points
- It provides learners with the opportunity to develop research and analytical skills
Why choose The Deanery?
We have subject specialist staff with real vocational work experience (Registered General Nurse, Registered Midwife, experienced 6th form tutor, Btec experts, examiners and standard verifiers).
Our students consistently attain high grades and we pride ourselves on our outstanding pass rates.
We have smaller classes so more teacher/student interaction and assistance.
We pride ourselves on our caring ethos and close links with local early year’s settings for learner’s placement work.
We visit Edge Hill University to take part in the ‘Teachers of Tomorrow’ programme
We visit the Nursey World North Show which is a great opportunity to talk to the exhibitors and learn about the latest products and resources for early years
What could this subject lead to?
Primary teaching, Teaching Assistant, Early Years Practitioner or other careers focussed on working with children.