BTEC Diploma or Extended Certificate
Children’s Play, Learning and Development
Exam Board: Edexcel
Why study at The Deanery Sixth Form?
We have subject specialist staff with real vocational work experience (Registered General Nurse, Registered Midwife, experienced 6th form tutor, Btec experts, examiners and standard verifiers).
Our students consistently attain high grades and we pride ourselves on our outstanding pass rates.
We have smaller classes so more teacher/student interaction and assistance.
We pride ourselves on our caring ethos and close links with local early year’s settings for learner’s placement work.
We visit Edge Hill University to take part in the ‘Teachers of Tomorrow’ programme
We visit the Nursey World North Show which is a great opportunity to talk to the exhibitors and learn about the latest products and resources for early years.
- It provides a route for learners wish to go into Higher Education.
- The diploma also gives you a professional qualification, Qualified Practitioner Status.
- The diploma is a double A level equivalent vocational qualification and the extended certificate is a single A level equivalent.
- both confer UCAS points for university if successfully achieved.
- It provides learners with the opportunity to develop research and analytical skills.
What could the subject lead to?
Primary teaching, Teaching Assistant, Early Years Practitioner or other careers focussed on working with children.