Level 3 Tech Level
Exam Board: OCR
ASSESSMENT 66.66% Examination (3 papers)
33.33% Coursework (2 units)
This qualification is made up of three mandatory units. Each of these mandatory units is assessed by an external exam, these units are:
- Fundamentals of IT
- Global Information
- Cyber Security
These are then town further optional course units’ studies from the following options:
- The Internet of Everything
- Project Management
- Product Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
Why Study Cyber Security?
1. Focuses on the essentials of IT, Cyber Security and Global Information.
2. This qualification is produced alongside employers and industry specialists to make sure that you gain the right combination of knowledge, understanding and skills required for the 21st century.
3. Designed with the workplace in mind, providing you with real-life knowledge and transferable skills.
4. Combines exams with project-based coursework to develop your knowledge.
5. Companies involved with this course include: BT, Barclays Cisco, and IBM.
Why choose The Deanery?
We have a dedicated team of staff who are experienced, passionate about the subject and committed to your success. You will enhance your practical skills and understanding with use of specialist equipment such as network routers, firewalls, packet tracing tools and cable testers.
We have a dedicated IT Support/networking laboratory containing industry standard hardware and software. In addition we are members of the Microsoft Academy, the Cisco Networking Academy and the CompTIA Academy. These academies recognise the expertise present within the Deanery and give our students access to a range of free industry standard software and resources for use at home.
What could this subject lead to?
The OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in IT: This qualification can lead to highly paid employment in shortage areas such as security, intrusion detection, network design and installation, cyber security technician. It is the ideal preparation for degrees in IT related subjects, Cyber Security, Robotics, networking, security and even IT Journalism.