BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
In Travel and Tourism
Exam board: Edexcel
Assessment: 100% coursework
You will study a total of 6 units over the 2 years. Units studied provide students with a holistic understanding of the many concepts related to Travel and Tourism.
Unit 1 – Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
Unit 2 – The Business of Travel and Tourism
Unit 3 – The UK as a Destination
Unit 4 – Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
Unit 7 – European Destinations
Unit 8 – Long-Haul Travel Destinations
Subject to change from September 2018
Why Study Travel and Tourism?
- It provides highly specialist, work-related qualifications in the travel and tourism sector.
- It gives learners the knowledge and skills that they need to prepare for employment in travel and tourism.
- These qualifications can lead to further study or career opportunities in the travel industry.
- It helps to developing practical skills in preparation for work.
- These qualifications have been designed to provide an introduction to the travel and tourism for those who wish to further their careers in one of its connected industries.
Why choose The Deanery?
Our smaller classes enable learners to have teacher/student interaction and assistance.
We invite Travel and Tourism professionals such as Airline Pilots and Cabin Crew in to the classroom to deliver talks to enhance coursework.
Our learners visit Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Manchester Airport and other local tourist destinations to learn from industry experts.
Our students consistently attain high grades and we pride ourselves on our outstanding pass rates.
What could this subject lead to?
Careers in one of its many travel and tourism connected industries, including retail travel, visitor attractions and accommodation, transport and tour operations. Further study in a related degree course.